Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Steelheart, by Brandon Sanderson (September 2013)

I've seen Steelheart bleed.

It happened ten years ago; I was eight.  My father and I were at the First Union Bank on Adams Street.  We used the old street names back them, before the Annexation.

David is now 18 years old.  For ten long years, he has dreamed about revenge.  Everything has been destroyed by Epics, humans who developed super powers when the spaceship Calamity arrived.  One Epic in particular has taken over Chicago.  Steelheart now rules Newcago.

"I have claimed this city, little Epic.  It's mine...Give me your loyalty or die."

David has studied all of the known Epics.  Each Epic has at least one weakness, and David is determined to seek revenge on the Epic who killed his father.

Can David avenge his father's death?  

Rating:  8 out of 10 stars

Goodreads

Not available at NOLS...yet!