Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dark Triumph: His Fair Assassin Book II, by Robin LaFevers

I did not arrive at the convent of Saint Mortain some green stripling.  

Book two of the His Fair Assassin series is narrated by Ismae's cloest friend, Sybella.  Sybella comes from a noble family, one of the most feared in all of Brittany.  She is also one of Death's handmaiden.

If only they had taught me how to watch innocents die as well as they taught me how to kill, I would be far better prepared for this nightmare into which I've been thrust.

The convent has sent her back to her family, with a dangerous, secret mission.

...I wonder - for the hundredth time - how on earth I let the convent talk me into returning to my family.

Follow Sybella's mission as she learns the truth about herself and her family.

Rating:  8 out of 10 stars
* sexual references, incest

Goodreads.com

To check this book out at NOLS, click HERE!